Discover what’s happening right now.
A guide to tax free shopping in Manchester
The Manchester Tax Free Shopping Guide contains a heap of handy information on Manchester's fantastic retail offering, as well as how international visitors from outside the EU can claim the tax back on their shopping. Whether you are shopping for yourself or someone else you will find information on the best places to shop in the city.
The Tax Free Shopping Guide is available in four languages. Please see below for links to download the guide or where to find your copy.
Download the tax free shopping guide to Manchester:
Or view online:
Copies of the guide can be found in key stores in Manchester as well as many hotel receptions and the Manchester Visitor Information Centre.
How to claim your refund
International visitors from outside the EU are entitled to reclaim the sales tax (VAT) of 20% (16.67% of the total purchase price) on most of the goods purchased here*. In order to claim back the VAT, follow the instructions below:
• At the time of purchase ask for a VAT refund form along with the receipt.
• Complete the form including your name, full address, passport number and arrival and departure dates.
• If Manchester Airport is your final point of departure from the EU, locate a Customs Officer in the departure lounge at the terminal with your goods, receipts and forms. The Customs Officer will stamp the form and return to you.
• Post the form in one of the tax free refund boxes at the terminal or to the tax free agent to obtain your refund.
• Your tax will be refunded on the card you have used to purchase the goods.
Please note that at other UK Airports you may be able to obtain a cash refund or cheque depending on which facilities are available. You are advised to check before you travel. There are a number of agents that are responsible for tax free refunds, listed below.
Tax Free Refund Agents
Global Blue UK, 11th Floor GWII,
Great West House, Great West Road,
T: +421 232 111 111 -
English, German, French, Russian,
Italian and Spanish
T: +65 69 22 55 88 -
English, Japanese, Chinese
Premier Tax Free UK
47-49 London Road
+44 203 53 04 100
*Terms and conditions apply. Percentage refund may vary. In order to be eligible for a VAT refund in the UK you must be a non-EU resident. You are only eligible if you spend a minimum amount in one store on the same day. This amount varies from one country to the next. You need to have spent fewer than 365 days out of the two years prior to making the purchase living in the UK, and you must be leaving the EU (for at least 12 months) within three months of making the purchase.