Discover what’s happening right now.
Visit Manchester Sweepstake Rules and Prize Winner Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. To enter, complete and submit the online entry form. To enter off-line, hand print your name, address and e-mail address, and age on a 3" x 5" card and mail to Visit Manchester Sweepstake c/o VisitEngland, 845 Third Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10022.
2. Only one entry per person or email address. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. This sweepstakes may be presented in a variety of places and ways and Visit Manchester is not obligated to make the additional chances to win option available in all presentations. Entries that contain errors, are incomplete, corrupted or illegible will not be accepted. Visit Manchester cannot be held responsible for computer system hardware, software or program errors, or other failures in computer transmissions or network connections for any entries lost or delayed through email. Visit Manchester cannot be held responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail entries.
3. Entrants must be at least 21 years of age or older and possess a valid Social Security number on their date of entry, and must be legally resident in the continental United States only. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for your entry. This sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. Promotion also void in Utah and otherwise where prohibited by law; subject to all federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
4. Employees of Visit Manchester, VisitEngland and US Airways and families of related suppliers, tour agents, sponsors, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their agents and immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible to participate in the prize drawing.
5. The closing date for an entry is 12 midnight ET on Sunday 13th April 2014. The winner will be selected in a random drawing, on Monday 14th April, from all eligible entries received by the closing date. Drawing will be conducted by Visit Manchester, whose decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. Winners will be notified on Monday 14th April. Winners will be notified by email. If the winner does not respond within 3 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and another winner picked at random. Limit one prize per family or household. All entries become the property of Visit Manchester and will not be returned. In case of the unavailability of any prize, Visit Manchester reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
7. All travel must be completed by 14th April 2015. The request to redeem the prize must be submitted a minimum of 8 weeks prior to first date of travel.
8. Prize: See specific prize details below. Prizes are non- transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded In the case of unavailability of the prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Federal taxes, local state taxes, airport departure taxes, V.A.T. taxes, and any other fees or costs connected with the prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize-winner. Entrants waive the right to claim as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs or expenses associated with redemption.
9. The prize-winner must accept that that his/her name and/or likeness may be announced in Visit Manchester or additional prize providers' literature or on the Internet for publicity or advertising purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. By accepting any prize, the winner agrees to and releases Visit Manchester, the additional prize providers and their employees and agencies, representatives, affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising, promotions agents of each of the above, from all liability of any type whatsoever. The winner will need to sign a waiver and hold harmless release form prior [MO1] to receiving prize. Winner will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days of prize notification. If any winner cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize of prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstake rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
11. Visit Manchester reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any sweepstakes should virus, computer hackers, or any other cause beyond its control impede the administration and or security of such sweepstakes.
13. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES OR PAGES ASSOCIATED WITH THESWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED. ENTITIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. The Prize.
- Two round-trip economy tickets from anywhere in the US (any Domestic U.S. city, which excludes Hawaii, Alaska) to Manchester, England. Request for travel must be made 8 weeks to travel date
- 3 nights B&B accommodation for two people at the Midland Hotel in Manchester
Approximate Retail Value of total prize package is $2700.00
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen certificates. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes surcharges and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Once issued, rail passes are non-transferable.
15. Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Visit Manchester sweepstakes, Winners/Rules, 845 Third Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10022 U.S.A. Requests must be received by Friday 4th April 2014, Vermont residents may omit return postage.
16. SWEEPSTAKE SPONSOR [MO3] :
Visit Manchester, Carvers Warehouse, 77 Dale Street, Manchester, UK, M1 2HG
Additional sweepstake prize providers:
VisitEngland, 845 Third Avenue, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10022
US Airways, 4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85034
17. SWEEPSTAKES DATES:
Start Date: Wednesday 26th March 2014
End Date: Sunday 13th April 2014
18. If winner is unable to claim the prize by 12pm ET Thursday 16th April 2014, prize will be forfeited.
19. The prize is non-transferable.