Discover what’s happening right now.
Anson Engine Museum
As featured on TV, this multi award winning museum in the Cheshire Peak District has a great deal to offer visitors.
It is recognised as one of the Country’s leading specialist museums. Fuelled by enthusiasm and staffed by volunteers it is a great day out for all the family.
Engine enthusiasts from all over the world come to visit this fascinating museum with engines of all sizes (from desktop to 100 tons), Craft Demonstrations, Working Machinery and Local History Exhibitions It is also fast becoming a must see for non-enthusiasts too. The museum also has a steam section including a giant mill engine.
It is open every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday from Easter Sunday until end October (other times and days by arrangement for group visits). Engines run every day throughout the season.
In 2010 an exhibition to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Internal Combustion Engine will open telling the story of the engine that changed the world.
Over the past few years the museum has won several awards for its displays, engines, website and the quality of its volunteer workforce. Amongst its facilities it has a tearoom and shop free car parking for visitors, wheelchair and motorised scooter, cinema/meeting room available for hire.
Throughout the season there are events and exhibition happening- please check our website for details. www.enginemuseum.org
Groups by appoinment please.
- Gold - Most Valuable Volunteer - Peter Wood (CATS - Cheshire Awards for Tourism Skills)
- Winner of the "Visitors Choice" - Macclesfield Business Award
- Highly Commended in National Awards for Excellence, Museums & Heritage Awards 2009
- Shortlisted for the third year for Small Visitor Attraction - Cheshire Tourism Awards
- VAQAS accredited - VisitBritain’s Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service