Britain’s largest cathedral is an architectural treasure, an awesome and intimate space, a worshipping community, and a major cultural venue. There's plenty to see and lots of hidden gems for the visitor. One visit is rarely enough.
First time visitors will have their breath taken away. Visit again and you will discover more and more about this great building.
The cathedral boats the:
- world’s highest and widest gothic arches.
- tallest tower offering spectacular city wide panoramas
- world’s highest and heaviest peal of bells
- UK’s largest, most magnificent organ
- beauty of the Great West Window and thought provoking Tracey Emin sculpture
- wonderful Lady Chapel and other places to pause, reflect and pray.
The spiritual pilgrim may want to take the awesome and intimate trail offering the chance to reflect at different places within the cathedral. Simply ask for a copy at the Welcome Desk.