Shop with what you’ve already got at Selfridges first-ever swap shop by LOANHOOD, a fashion rental marketplace and service. Swap that once-loved item for your next obsession and keep fashion circulating.
Opening times: Thursday–Saturday: 10am–8pm
Tickets are complimentary and are booked in timed slots: morning (10am–1pm), afternoon (1–5pm), evening (5–8pm), and Sunday (11–5pm). Please read A Swap Shop Mindset and agree to the A Swap Shop by LOANHOOD T&Cs before arriving.
How our swap shop works:
Step One: Swap your once-loved clothing items worth a resale value of £50 but no more than £300.
Step Two: Our dedicated team members will value your items in exchange for stamps.
Step Three: Browse the shop for pre-loved clothing, pick up your favourite piece and use your stamps to check out.
Step Four: Enjoy your new obsession.
A Swap Shop Mindset: So many people have clothes in their wardrobes that they aren’t wearing. Instead of throwing them away, A Swap Shop by Loanhood is here to circulate them, prolonging their life.
1. Make peace with letting your items go. Once they’re checked in at our swap shop, feel good that they have checked out of your wardrobe. It was only hanging around in there anyway.
2. Even if you don’t find anything you like the first time, try another day or a different location of A Swap Shop by LOANHOOD at Selfridges. Sometimes swapping is a right time, right place situation.
3. Enjoy the experience. You’ve given your old items a new home and have hopefully found something special.
A SWAP SHOP BY LOANHOOD T&CS:
• You can swap up to five items of clothing per ticket and no more.
• Keep it clean – please only bring items that you have loved and looked after, and that others will love, too.
• All clothes traded in must be worth a resale value of a minimum of £50 and a maximum of £300 at the point of swap.
• We are unable to accept any customised clothing.
• The value of each item will be assigned by the swap shop team member, and their valuation is final.
• We reserve the right to refuse a swap if clothing is deemed too damaged. But please speak to a team member in store about our repairs services.
• Only those that have booked a ticket will be able to complete a swap on the day
• You must have valid stamps on your card to be able to trade in the swap shop.
• This is a men’s and women’s clothes-only swap, so please no underwear, swimwear, shoes or accessories.
• Items accepted to at our swap shop are at the discretion of our swap shop team members and not all brands will be accepted. Please ask a team member for other circular offers available to you – we have donation and repair options available.
• All items swapped and shopped are non-refundable and no returns will be accepted. To reswap an item you must book another ticket and start the process again.
Read our Terms and Conditions in full here.
Sorry, this event has passed
Shambles Square is a historic square situated right next to Exchange Square Metrolink…
A stunning interior with the best late medieval woodwork in the North.
Showcasing all its original Edwardian beauty with a modern twist, The Corn Exchange is…
Manchester's Royal Exchange Theatre Company transforms the way people see theatre, each…
A unique cultural institution that combines music, education and heritage.
Printworks is a buzzing, entertainment and leisure complex located in the heart of…
Swing by for an epic mini golf adventure with two indoor, 18-hole courses, plus cracking…
Whether you’re a football fanatic, planning family day out or visiting the great city of…
A major highlight in Manchester's cultural calendar, Manchester International Festival…
The Northern Belle is a celebration of British heritage and craftsmanship that captures…
Chetham's is a unique cultural institution in the heart of Manchester combining music,…
Europe's largest and most impressive indoor concert venue.
Kickair is the largest indoor activity park in the North West of England. It has an array…
Gothic heart of Manchester city centre. Home to the town hall and many seasonal events.
Built in 1877, Manchester Town Hall is a Victorian, neo-gothic classic and home of the…
The magnificently refurbished Central Library is ‘not only the city’s study, but also the…