The Boarshurst Centre - Saddleworth Outdoor Pursuits
The Boarshurst Centre is a traditional stone, single storied building located in the village of Greenfield, in the valley of the river Chew and on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
It is available for hire (both weekdays and weekends) to all groups of people who wish to use it as a base from which to enjoy outdoor activities of all kinds.
The building provides warm, clean and well maintained facilities which are at least as good as a standard youth hostel and has the major advantage of being for the sole use of a visiting party of up to 32 people. Essentially, the Centre is run on a self-catering basis however, we can recommend a local, professional, catering service who are able to provide all food required by a group. The food can be provided to suit any form of diet required - even special diets. Simply call our bookings secretary or email us for information regarding the catering company.
If you are unsure whether the facilities meet your requirements or if you would like to view the Centre to familiarize yourself with the layout and facilities, then call:- Mark McLoughlin (Tel : 01457 - 871663) or Pam Byrne (01457 820149)
Available Booking Periods
Weekend Bookings : 2 Nights - Arrive Friday and Leave Sunday
Mid - Week Bookings: 4 Nights - Arrive Monday and Leave Friday (Typical) Long-stay bookings can be arranged.
The Facilities Include:
- 2 Separate dormitories (Bunkhouse Style) each sleeping 12 People.
- 2 Attached leaders dormitories each for 4 people.
- Each bed has a pillow fitted with a cover. Groups may bring own sleeping bags or we will supply a duvet as required. All group members should bring single sheets to cover the bunk mattresses which are plastic covered.
- Modern male and female toilets are situated at opposite ends of the building. Each has 2 showers, 2 toilets and wash basins. One toilet in each area is accessible to physically disabled visitors and is fitted with an alarm system. Both toilet areas are fitted with automatic lighting.
- A large capacity (9kg) washing machine and a large capacity (10kg) condenser type dryer are available for use.
- The kitchen facilities include a large modern cooker, a large American style fridge/freezer, a microwave oven, a dishwasher, toasters and a full range of crockery, utensils and cutlery.
- The main hall provides a dining/recreation area for 32 people with tables and chairs for all.
- A drying room/cloak room/boot room is fitted with an automatic, humidity controlled extractor fan.
- A telephone (No. 01457 - 876313)
- Wheelchair access is provided at the front and rear entrances.
- A car park suitable for 10 vehicles which is fitted with lighting during the winter months.
- The front and rear entrance areas are lit by motion activated security lights.
- The rear entrance provides access to a grassed play area and garden which is separated from the road and car park.
Exhibitions change monthly and cover all aspects of fine art and craft, which include…
Gallery Oldham provides a wide range of exhibitions and activities targeted at different…
A new Oldham Coliseum Theatre is to take centre stage in Oldham’s new Cultural Quarter.
The museum tells the story of the Regiment and it's soldiers through 200 years of history.
In the attractive, waterside setting of Portland Basin, the newly refurbished Heritage…
Full of fun activities for the kids, fascinating facts for adults and, for the not so…
The Rochdale Pioneers Museum is widely regarded as the home of the worldwide Co-operative…
Britain's first indoor Olympic cycling track, now one of the World's finest and fastest…
The Manchester City Stadium Tour is the most immersive tour experience in Premier League…
Manchester’s magnificent Monastery is Edward Pugin’s architectural masterpiece.
Visit 'the dogs' for a night out with a difference. Greyhound Stadium incorporating a…
Situated at the heart of Gorton’s state-of-the-art Belle Vue Sports Village, the National…
Chadkirk Country Estate is around 60 acres and is comprised of low lying farm land and…
Clue HQ – Manchester is a live “escape the room” game. You find yourself in a room with…
Manchester's original and longest running alternative comedy venue.
Chuck Gallery is an independent commercial gallery dealing in carefully selected and…